FERC Docket No. PF16-7-000
Locations: Lancaster and Chester Counties, PA; Cecil County, MD; New Castle, Kent, Sussex Counties DE
In-Service Target: Fourth Quarter 2017
Eastern Shore submitted a request to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC” or “Commission”) to begin a National Environmental Policy Act (“NEPA”) pre-filing review for its 2017 Expansion Project under Docket No. PF16-7-000. The 2017 Expansion Project is necessary to deliver up to an aggregate of 86,437 dekatherms of additional natural gas transportation service to meet growing market demand for reliable energy with fewer emissions. Eastern Shore desires to receive a NGA Section 7(c) Certificate from the Commission by May 2017 in order to place the 2017 Expansion Project in service by the end of 2017 so as to meet the needs of its customers.
- Executed Precedent Agreement
- Eastern Shore held a series of open seasons to solicit customer interest in the 2017 Expansion Project.
- The 2017 Expansion Project facilities will provide up to an aggregate of 86,437 dekatherms of additional firm natural gas transportation capacity to meet anticipated market demand.
- Eastern Shore is working to finalize precedent agreements with its customers.
- The final capacity demand will be refined through the pre-filing process.
On May 17, 2016, the FERC approved ESNG's request to commence the pre-filing review process.
Certification of Public Convenience filed December 30, 2016.
- On May 12, 2016, Eastern Shore submitted a request to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC” or “Commission”) to initiate FERC’s pre-filing review procedures for its 2017 Expansion Project under Docket No. PF16-7-000.
- On May 17, 2016, the FERC approved Eastern Shore’s request to commence the pre-filing review process.
- Eastern Shore intends to file its certificate application for the 2017 Expansion Project with the FERC approximately 180 days after FERC approval to commence the pre-filing review process and anticipates this filing to occur in November 2016.
- Pre-filing is a review process that allows stakeholders, permitting agencies and the Commission to be involved in the early stages of the 2017 Expansion Project development.
- The pre-filing review process provides multiple opportunities for affected landowners and other interested parties to learn about the 2017 Expansion Project and to provide input.
- Eastern Shore will host Open Houses in applicable counties to provide additional information about the 2017 Expansion Project.
- A 24-hour toll-free number, which is staffed by Eastern Shore representatives, has been established for landowner questions or concerns at 1-877-650-1257.
- Landowners and interested parties may file comments by mail or by electronically filing comments at www.ferc.gov.
Subject to the FERC's approval and issuance of certification, ESNG intends to commenced construction of facilities in June, 2017.
In-Service Target: Third Quarter 2018